Question: How do I care for my hardwood floor?
- Vacuum or dust with a mop once a week. Beware, the use of dusting products can dull the finish.
- Prevent scratches with the use of non rubber backed mats or rugs at all entrances.
- For deeper cleaning on a polyurethane finished floor, mix 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar in 3 3/4 cups warm water. Make sure you wring out the mop well as you still only want it to be damp, not wet. Getting the floor too wet may cause it to swell.
- Wipe the floor dry as you go.
- Never use oil, soaps, or ammonia products on your floor, as they can cause damage and dull surface finishes.
- Put protective felt pads or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent denting and scratching; and replace pads on occassion.
- Wipe up all spills immediately using a dampened cloth.
Question: Hardwood vs. Laminate?
Hardwood flooring consists of wood backing with wood wear surface or solid wood. Wood flooring with proper care will last generations. Wood floors can be refinished, re-sanded, and re-coated to look like new again.
Laminate flooring consists of synthetic backing with a high-pressure laminate surface. Laminate is not renewable and therefore has a shorter usable life span. However, some manufacturers offers wear, fade and stain warranties between 5-25 years
Question: Are hardwood floors expensive?
Like all types of flooring, there is a fairly wide price range when it comes to hardwood floors. There are many different price points. There are inexpensive hardwood floors and there are more
costly hardwood floors. However, when you compare the life cycle of hardwood floors against other types of floor coverings, you realize how inexpensive hardwood floors are in the long run. Most
hardwood floors can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance; while the average lifespan of carpet is 7-9 years. So you could replace carpet 3 or 4 times in a 30-year period, or you could
simply maintain one beautiful hardwood floor.
Question: What areas do you mainly serve?
We have proudly served Santa Rosa, Oakmont, Rincon Valley and the surrouding areas since 1991. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about our service area!
Please email us
if you have any additional questions.